Larisa Miller studied Political Science with a minor in Hungarian at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey, and Organizational Leadership at Penn State University. She worked for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Agriculture, and later for the Pennsylvania Governor, Tom Ridge, with a focus on public policy.
Larisa spent several years working as a personal advisor and head of business development for members of the Royal Family in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, with focus on investment in sustainable development, technology, energy and agriculture.
Additionally, Larisa served as head of the Royal Family’s large non-profit foundation, which focused on women, youth, literacy and education. Through her work with this UAE-based foundation, Larisa spent considerable time working with women and children in refugee camps in the Middle East and Africa, providing tools, knowledge and resources necessary to allow them to become entrepreneurs.
Larisa is CEO of Phoenix Global LLC, a global investment and consulting firm headquartered in the USA, specializing in international municipal and governmental consulting; sustainability and innovation strategies; business development, recovery and acceleration; as well as assisting clients in global market expansion and development. As an investment firm, Phoenix Global is the vehicle to meaningful investment projects both domestically and internationally, matching large-scale investment opportunities with strategic capital partners.
Additionally, Larisa serves as:
• Partner, Complete Athlete with 3x All-Pro linebacker, LaVar Arrington
• Partner, Akon Global, LLC with multi-Grammy nominated artist, Akon, with focus on Smart Cities and sustainable development
• Executive Vice President, STP Capital Holdings (Skopje Technology Park, & Koper Technology Park (http://www.stpcapitalpartners.com/) • Chairman of the Board, Legacy of Lions (www.legacyoflions.org) Larisa is an award-winning international keynote speaker, addressing audiences around the world on subjects such as entrepreneurship and the start-up mindset, business development, multi-sector investment, the importance of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), as well as the empowerment of youth, women and refugees globally.
Larisa sits on several international boards, most notably:
• Chairman of the Board, Legacy of Lions (Pennsylvania)
• Board of Directors & Honorary President, Kazakh-Slovenian Business Council (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
• Board of Directors, Visual Farms, Inc. (Denver, Colorado, USA)
• Executive Director, Global Chamber of Business Leaders (Dubai, UAE)
• Board of Directors, SensX Africa (London, England)
• Global Ambassador, Association of Business Women in Commerce and Industry (New Delhi, India)
• Advisor, Ansari Group Ltd. (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
• Board of Directors, Geneva Global Initiative (Geneva, Switzerland)
• Board of Trustees, People to People International (Worldwide Organization headquartered in USA)
• 1st Vice President, and member of the Board of Directors for the National Federation of Business and Professional Women – NFBPWC (USA)
• President, Business and Professional Women International, Miami Chapter (Miami, Florida, USA)
• Board of Directors for Union of Business Ladies (Tbilisi, Georgia)
• Chairman of the Board, Read the Past - Write the Future (Jordan/United States)